Dashcam fitting

I have just bought a dashcam and hard wiring kit for my car and intend to connect it to the fuse box on the driver's side using a 'piggyback' connector. However I am not confident about removing panels, especially the one on the A-pillar, to run in the cable. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this. Much appreciated.

No need to remove the A pillar, I simply pulled the rubber back and it slotted nicely behind the A pillar. The only panel I had to remove was the one on the right side of the dashboard (open the drivers door to see it) and that's where it's connected using a cigarette lighter socket. Once it's behind the A pillar, tuck it behind the headlining and the only bit of wire that shows is the bit from the dashcam to headliner, easy peasy lemon squeezy. There's a linky on here somewhere on installing a dashcam, im sure someone will post it.

• Like 1

Defo no need to remove the a pillar trim but if you do then use trim removal tools. I found running the wire under the trim on the side nearest the windscreen best as it's easiest to get under the head liner at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk