Sunroof clicking on closing

Pretty straightforward odd noise, just wondering if anyone can tell me what it might be?

Only when the sunroof closes, about halfway through the motion, there's a small click from the drivers side rail/runner but there's nothing obvious I can see which is causing it. Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...

Put some silicone spray on rails and the joints of front plastic that slides down when roof shuts.

have not had any noise you mention.

Don't worry, there is nothing that can go wrong there, apart from a dislocated water drain that wasted me weeks of searching where the water is coming to my footwell, but sorted DIY  :)

Edited by CEPi

Ah, the click is coming from about 6" from the front of the aperture on the driver's side when it closes. I noticed today that there's an almost inperceivable noise at the same point when opening it. Can see the point it happens, just can't work out what's doing it. It's not a hugely loud click, just annoying. I'll try the spray/grease thing though, thanks guys.

The drainage tube is a right bellend for water ingress!! Had a ton of water come over my head last year twice after heavy rain, looked at the drainage lines in the roof without finding anything, and found the outlet is a rubber squishy thing hanging halfway down each door shut. I rubbed it between my fingers and there must have been some gunk in it or on the end which came out/off, freed up summat and a stream of water came out where it wasn't escaping previously. Now and then I give it a tweak to stop it from doing it again and it's been fine since. :)