Impatient Motorists on motorways

chrisw880

I come from the other end of the country, where it was a 200mile drive to find a  motorway, but we had a nice selection of single track roads, with the last supposedly single track A road in the UK.I t was amazing how many tourists on holiday in the summertime couldn't reverse 10 yards into a passing place, never mind 1/4 mile.

Come to Devon, home to the worst road system in the UK, bar none.  They have been underspending on the system for as long as I've been driving, and that's 48 years.  If you journey from Moretonhampstead to Bovey Tracey on the A382 you will find that a fair proportion of it is single track, and in some cases you have to commit to a narrow section before you can see the other end.  It doesn't pay to be in a hurry in Devon.