280 goes to France! A short review over 800 miles.

I bought my 280 L&K last week, was a franchise director's car with circa 8,000 miles since last October.

Below is a short review over around 800 miles from Warwickshire to Nantes and back.

VERY smooth engine, good acceleration to the redline in sport DSG mode. 

Very comfortable seats. Adaptive suspension is great for changing from the motorway (Eco or Comfort) to smaller roads (Normal or Sport). 

Auto boot touched the ceiling of the ferry but came down quickly when experienced the obstacle without any damage. Unfortunately the boot opened overnight (probably pressed the button in my pocket when changing my trousers) so this is the first thing I will disable with VCDS when I find someone local than can help me.

TV very nice when waiting in line for the ferry and passport control. 

Sign recognition probably saved me from a few tickets when driving in France (enabled using VCDS by the dealer after I provided the instructions on how to do that, thanks to the very useful thread in this forum!)). 

Hatchback boot huge, swallowed everything with space to spare. Adaptive lights (and option to change to right hand traffic) and the adaptive cruise control very helpful on motorways in the night. Blind spot detection saved us a couple of times from aggressive drivers trying to overtake from the wrong side. 

Android auto works as it should with every phone I tried it with, no more issues with mirrorlink incompatibilities, something we experience on my wife's Fabia 3! 

When it is raining in France the speed limit decreases, I. E.  From 130 to 110 or 90 to 80. The superb seems to decrease the limit displayed on the car screen when raining, probably using the wiper rain sensor! 

Eco mode dropping the revs to idle (circa 800) every time I release the gas pedal even if I am doing 70mph to save petrol. 

Did not notice any noise from the rear suspension at any time (even when driving on brick paved roads in the centre of Nantes).
Edited by micloi
  • Like 1