Octavia VRS 147tfsi downpipe

Hi all,

I've been searching, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for...

I own a pre-facelift 2007 Octavia VRS with the 147 tfsi engine.

The car is where I want it to be in the visual, braking and suspension departments, but I'm now on the hunt for a mild performance upgrade: I have done my research and decided on the flash tune I want to purchase, but one of the requirements for the tune is to have a higher flowing cat fitted.

Having investigated my options, it would seem that a de-cat downpipe would be the way to go, but I'm having issues ascertaining my best approach to this- I have read that the VW Golf mk5 Gti aftermarket items may require modification to fit in the Octavia: is this correct?

If so, is there an off the shelf item I can purchase that is a straight fit into my car? I'd prefer not to have to mess around with it too much: my options are limited in Australia: what are your experiences/recommendations?

Cheers,

Micah.

No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy

Lots of views, but no replies? Surely some of you guys have aftermarket de-cat pipes fitted? I need direction here...

Maybe I should clarify a little- I'm not looking for a dump pipe/ downpipe locally (Australia), I am happy to purchase internationally, I just need to know exactly what I'm looking for- if the downpipe for a golf GTI mk5 running the same engine (belt driven 147tfsi) fits straight on, then that's what I'll buy, but I seem to remember having read that I need the item that fits a Jetta, is that right?

I just want to get the car tuned, and soon...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I'm aware Golf/Leon/Octavia/2wd A3's use the same downpipes.

I've had the pre cat deleted from the std downpipe which may be an option for you.

Your main restriction at mild levels of tune ( stage 1) are exhaust gas temperatures and removing the pre cat helps keep them down.

Here in the uk high flow cats/de cats are only needed for higher ( stage 2 onwards) levels of tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers: I am looking at the bluefin stage 2: just ordered the stage 1, but will be going for stage 2 as soon as I can get rid of the cat, hence my query.

I'm thinking at this stage I'll just go for a cheap decat pipe and modify it if required. The bluefin only wants a higher flowing cat, but I figure if I'm messing around with that I may as well get a dump pipe.