hardwire dash cam

I know there been posting about hardwire dash cams on other ( yeti, fabia etc)

but wondering has any body done it on the rapid as i've looked and there not much space round by the fuse box to connect a Multi 12V female socket adaptor ..

has anybody got any ideas or even try to do this

my dashcam is the eprance g1w which have been impressed with just that ive got it connect to the 12v and have to remember to take out when leave the car.

i did look into the nextbase hardwire kit but this will only work on the nextbase cams it states

I have done it. I routed the cable along the top of the windshiled towards the A pillar, then down to the fusebox. Got permanent and switched 12V from fusebox using two piggyback fuses and earth from a metal screw somewhere under the steering column. Works like a charm.

Use the forum search function, you will find more.

Look at the thread (with pics) where I hard wired my Garmin sat nav. There's loads of room in the ends of the dashboard (behind the blanking panels) to hide a 12v socket, plug and cabling, and there is no shortage of fuses to piggy back off (I used the rear wiper as it's an ignition switched 12v and very under loaded.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1