Single knock in reverse

Hi I have a annoying knock which occurs when the cars been sitting for a few hours and I move it with a steering lock on to the left ,It also occurs when I've been driving for a while and I pull up at home and reverse once again with a full left hand lock on. If the steering lock is not fully on this knock will not happen the knock is also a single knock as tho something has jumped and can be quite loud.

The car itself is a fabia 1.6tdi,on coilovers,polybushes on lower arms and gearbox mount , just fitted new drop links , new tie arms last year -aftermarket.

I have also checked suspenion for play and there is none .

Any help on this ?

Thanks louie

Edited by Skodalouie

Brake calliper/pads/discs moving a little? Pads can do a little clonk when going either forward and or reverse after doing the opposite, as could any of the other things listed, if not bolted down properly. The pads may just do it with free play though!

Could also be the start of wheel bearing failure, and/or c.v.joints. Drop links not tight/worn. In reality, it COULD be many things.

Also, many owners have complained of sticking handbrakes. They stick a little and make a noise when the car is moved after a few hours or so after the handbrake has been applied. Try parking, leaving the car in gear and leaving the handbrake off a few times to see if the noise stops... Free and simples to try and may be the issue.

Edited by mrgf