mk1 dash speedo alloy trims

from what i understand not a easy job. They are glued in so you have to be very careful with a knife and remove std rings and mess with swapping over. A boa sport has nice clocks and chrome rings and i looked at swapping whole dash clocks which is a lot more work too....[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

from what i understand not a easy job. They are glued in so you have to be very careful with a knife and remove std rings and mess with swapping over. A boa sport has nice clocks and chrome rings and i looked at swapping whole dash clocks which is a lot more work too....[emoji30]

Mk1 vRS doesn't have any rings on them, do they? It's a simple job to do, as the front of the speedo is only clipped on, and the actual facia is only held on with clips and two T15 screws iirc.

Here's mine.

48E59501-BE83-4B9F-B7B9-70F2C91B610E_zps

Bought from Milotec, go straight on with adhesive backing. Getting the cluster out is annoying - not hard but annoying. You'll almost certainly break one of the plastic clips holding the plastic front to the clocks but it's fine once all back together and personally I think its a nice touch.

• Like 2

Got my kit from eBay for a Mk4 golf just didn't use the one for fuel gauge as it's different.

sounds like hassle lol power to weight factor  to be considered