Changing the head unit

Hi all

I'm now the proud owner of a 2013 Scout which has come with a Sprint head unit

I am looking to change this for something better

1. Will I encounter any battery drain issues with a new head unit?

2. Can anyone recommend a new head unit ? I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and have seen the Pionner Android auto units which look good but out of my price range , budget circa £300

Thanks

What do you need from the headunit?

My recently fitted Kenwood DNX520VBT is great. It's circa 8yrs old but covers all bases except Bluetooth streaming.

Cost me £150 plus fitting and was a £1k upgrade when new

Hi Jonny

Bluetooth streaming and calls is a must, don't mind a drive less unit as long as the BT streaming is decent

Other than that, as long as it looks good

I've done a bit of research and seen the pumpkin android head units and the DS820 look ok

• 5 weeks later...

I've just bought this and fitted yesterday.

YINUO 7 inch 800*480 2DIN Autoradio DVD GPS Navigation Sat Nav wi... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VE3NHKC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_udp_apa_ka4qxbSP777YC

It's great. Great audio quality for both bluetooth music and also calling... installing took about a half hour.

Tomorrows job is to install the reversing camera... Just bought the digital tv kit for it too !!!

Looks good, I went for the pumpkin model in the end

Let me know how you get on with the reverse camera, I fitted the head unit easy enough but think I'll get the camera done professionally as I'm not confident wiring it into the reverse light

Well. I got it wired up at the back end today. But getting the TV module tomorrow so gonna do all the wiring at the head unit end tomorrow... will feed back when it's done and take some photos :)