Engine Fault - Workshop

So this came up about a minute after start up last week, just before a 50 mile drive to Bath last wednesday, Actually it came up 3 times in today in the first 5 minutes of driving, then cleared and didnt come up again. Its done this (rarely) before, usually just after startup, and clears down immediately. Last year I had it into the garage to check it after such an incident, and the VAG came up with nothing. It also had a full service and MOT last month, with no sign of trouble.

Ive driven about 1000 miles since last wednesday (scunthorpe and back, then harrogate and back), with no repeat. Engine sounds sweet, not labouring or making any abnormal noises.

Any ideas? Maybe a bit of water in the wiring (it was raining really heavily when it happened last week).

Like I say, I had it checked the first time it came up and nothing, then I asked them to check  it during the service last month, nothing. Ill book it in soon to let them have another go, but Im wondering if it will show anything if the light has cleared and not come up for a week?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It started happening on a more regular basis so I had it into the garage. They quickly diagnoses a DPF flow sensor problem, and have replaced the sensor at a cost of £140. Apparently it happens a lot on these cars/engines.

Ok, it seemed fine but on a drive up to Hereford the engine light came on and stayed on. I'm going to take it in tomorrow, but any ideas what they've done wrong? Car drives fine btw - hasn't gone into get you home mode or anything.

• 2 months later...

Ok, it seemed fine but on a drive up to Hereford the engine light came on and stayed on. I'm going to take it in tomorrow, but any ideas what they've done wrong? Car drives fine btw - hasn't gone into get you home mode or anything.

Any update on this issue as I'm getting the same problem