What does this DPF soot measurement mean ?

I am about to buy a Skoda Octavia 1.6 Tdi CR Elegance 2014 model and have been worried about DPF's.

I asked the dealer about this and he took this measurement from the car, but I don't know whether it is good or bad.

The car has 10k miles, could anyone advise please, thankyou,

Chris

DPF soot reading 10kmiles

• 4 weeks later...

This explains a lot about the DPF:

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_330.pdf

But maybe not the specifics of the numbers... With the caveat that I am *not* an pin anyway an expert, I think those numbers are a measure of what is currently going on inside the DPF and indicate how far away it is from a regeneration, which is something it routinely does. The numbers, I think are with expected limits.

If you want to know how long your DPF has left, I don't think those numbers are relevant, their will also me a measure of the volume of ash there is in the DPF, and that is the figure telling how "full" it is.

Reading that technical article it suggests that a well maintained DPF will last between 90000 and 120000 km. It also explains how to keep the DPF well maintained by triggering regular regenerations.