Good simple modifications or preventative maintenance

Just a general topic, goes for any owner of any of the marque. Im not talking about performance upgrades like remapping or brakes suspension etc, you could end up waffling about those for days with someone saying this is best that is best. Its more what improvements can be made with little outlay and or effort and can just make your car that little bit better. Ill start with a few things ive done and see if it gets the ball rolling. First off, I changed the DSG oil, actually pretty easy when you have access to the underneath (im fortunate I can access ramps in work), found the filter had a slight leak and so did the bung so timed perfectly, well worth it for the peace of mind and longevitly of the box. Also I noticed the car did boom and was a good bit more noisy with road noise etc inside compared to my previous A4, so got some soundproofing material on ebay, just sheets of self adhesive deadener, applied that in not too pretty a way around the wheel well, boot floor and inside the side trim in the boot and last night stripped the boot lid and stuck some in there as well. Made a big difference to resonance inside the car and much quieter now oh and stuck a bit under the bonnet as well. Even my daughter noticed the difference inside the car. Another thing is I hate the can of crap and pump as a spare, rubbish idea, so threw £100 at ebay and got an 18" spacesaver with jack etc and it now sits in the wheel well and a much happier me knowing im much less likely gtting stranded for a simple puncture.  So what have you done to your motor? Im sure theres plenty of tips other owners will appreciate 

I have same thoughts about the noise. I had exeo before the octavia and that was really quiet compared to this. I do feel most of the nise comes from the rear. Just put it down to been estate. Where did you get the sound deadening pads from ?

Ebay was my friend, I found these very good quality, easy to cut with scissors, remove backing and press into place, followed contours of panel beautifully and went surprisingly far. I just got any small cut offs left and stuck them onto any panel I could find that was blank, not pretty but hidden and works a treat :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-SHEETS-CAR-VOITURE-SOUND-DEADENING-INSULATION-PROOFING-SELF-ADHESIVE-MATERIAL-/271972970412?hash=item3f52da2fac:g:DQIAAOSwo0JWHL47 

Edited by Sweeperman