Yeti Sat Nav

polohotdog

I have a 2011 Yeti Greenline 1600 SE. Registered 30.12.2011. It has Sat Nav. The brochure for that years says they were not in that vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if this is "standard" or a factory fitted extra.

I had a 2011 greenline. That came with a sat nav it should have had a multi cd changer but the earth quake in Japan they could not get the unit so they put the sat nav in

Amundsen was fit to mine the deal phone the week befor I had it ro tell me that Skoda had change it at no cost. When I order a new FL I did not order the sat nav as I found it was not great to use

What's not to like?

It's better than the one in my TT, which is only a 5 digit postcode entry.

And you get free updates with the latest version. I like it.

The SE had a Bolero radio as standard, The Columbus satnav was factory fit option.

The SE-plus had an Amundsen satnav as standard and the Columbus was an upgrade. 

I already had a tom tom and that was a lot better rhan the Amundsen even when I had not got sav nav on it would tell me congest ahead and I nerver run in to any. I live 5miles from the M6 and 1mile from the A50 when I put direction for the London area it sent me down the M6 M1 I go by the A50 M1 but every utrn off it keep telling me to turn right to get to the M6 even when on the M1 10 miles from the junction of the M6

I have an old TomTom and it is easier to use especially the function where you can pinpoint on a map your destination.

I wish the Amundsen could do that. 

I have an old TomTom and it is easier to use especially the function where you can pinpoint on a map your destination.

I wish the Amundsen could do that.

Don't know about earlier versions but with the latest you can pinpoint your destination on the map easily, helped by it being touchscreen which enables you to zoom in and out easily.

You can also set the destination by latitude and longitude or by POI as well as the usual postcode or address.

You can also set it to give three alternative routes.

So as I said I like it and it's a flexible unit.

I have a Garmin I use on a motorbike and in my wife's car which I like because you can plan your route on the PC but I do like a dedicated in-car unit.