INA Cambelts kits are they good Quality anyone used them ?

Just looking at changing my 2007 1.9 pd TDI OCTY cambelt including water pump. I know this has been done to death on timing intervals for renewal , Dayco, VAG, parts, Gates, but not found any feedback /comments on INA cambelt kits.

I know INA  make the original pulleys for VAG cars and their quality is allegedly excellent but since as far as I am aware they dont manufacture BELTS  - (they are a German Bearings Manufacturer) I was wondering if any of my fellow owners /techies might share their experience or knowledge of such things.

I live a few miles from Chester and I have been offered a price of £269 by a local indy garage which seems a fair price considering main Agents want ...Deep Breaths .....£475 for same JOb - both jobs quoted includ water pump replacement.

I have seen original VAG set for £177 incl wterpump, stretch Bolts and all VAG kit supply only from Darkside.

Any feed back much appreciated , was going to do it myself but it looks very a restricted work space down O/S of transverse engine and I have not got all the alignment tools.

Thanks In Advance. Chaps

:notme:

The belt in any INA kit will be supplied by whoever makes them for OE - so Gates, Contitech, Dayco etc. The tensioners will be the same as OE as well, so INA, SKF etc could be in the box.

• Like 1

Thank you for your swift response, I just wanted to ensure that the whole package was of OEM spec as some kits have a decent belt but the tensioners are made of candle wax , and its invariable a failure of other components that the belt actually drives that causes most catastrophic events .Much obliged :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know INA make the tensioners for VAG it was the actual belt I wasnt sure about  Cheers

Slightly biased (I work for Schaeffler - LuK, INA, FAG and Ruville)

Ha hA , APPRECIATE YOUR HONESTY :)  Would you happily fit their cambelt kit on your skoda ? I have read that they supply VAG with the cambelt drive components ..can you confirm this ?

thanks for your replies.

PM me your engine code and I will check (or reg nmber). Quite happily fit any of our products, have recently fitted a ruville cambelt kit and water pump to a friends Zafira, and that was a doddle. Will be needing a new wheel bearing on the vRS before long, that will be an FAG one, and when the belt needs doing, that will be either ruville or INA as well.