Diverter valve location Skoda octavia 1.8T elegance 2003

Hi all,

my car is throwing up another fault...17705 pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve.One the the suggestions is a faulty diverter valve.

Is this a simple diy fix ? And can someone be kind enought to tell me exactly where it is..am i right in assuming that its to the right rear of the engine just by the air mass sensor.I have attached a pic.Is it just a case of undoing the clips pulling off the pipes and replacing with a new valve?

post-144566-0-85431700-1465319884_thumb.jpg

Edited by uk174

Yeah that's the DV, but 17705 code can be caused by many things, not just the DV.

It's easy to check the DV once removed. Push the piston up & put your finger over the small pipe nipple on the top, & then release the piston & it should stay up until you release your finger off the top. If it drops down before you release your finger the DV seal has failed. New one is about £25 from TPS or main dealer.

17705 is more often caused by split vaccum & or boost pipes.