In the home stretch for the new Yeti

Alexul

Well, the car I ordered in February has finally arrived. The sad part is that my company contract for the current car expires on 5th of July so I have to wait until then to get to drive it. 

In the months of waiting, the more I read about other cars and looked at the market, the more I am convinced I took a good decision. It may not be the most good looking car on the road but I don't care. Small on the outside so I can park it on my busy street but with plenty of space in multiple configurations. I'm glad I didn't get caught in this mainstream of buying larger and larger cars. And I'm so bored about the Evoque-esque look that everyone started to copy. I don't know how they've done it but I think they sold a gazzilion of those cars. Only on my street there are 3 or 4 Evoque. 

I did have some second thoughts when they announced the Atecca. But when you go to the catalog you see you have to pay for all of those little gadgets and lights and cool effects. Which are cool I guess in the first weeks or months or to impress your friends. A friend bought a Volvo, maxi-dot with touch screen, all sort of swipe and fading effects, sound and lights effects when you enter the car. Nice for the first time but you forget about them even after a few rides. 

The only thing which I would have really wanted was an automatic braking system and a blind spot sensor. But I can live without. I want to keep the car as much as possible so maybe having less systems which might go wrong in the long run is better. 

I've got the 1.4 TSI 125 hp, petrol. The trim levels are different for each country and especially very different to the UK ones.