First MOT, 3 yrs and 30k miles

Today my VRS estate passed its first MOT, absolutely sailed through. In 3yrs of motoring all its cost is replacing tyres, fuel and tax. It's never missed a beat...

That's no more than should be expected really, three years and 30k is still early in a car's lifespan.

• Like 1

Want to swap? Mine has suffered several major faults and Skoda UK plus my local Dealer have been absolutely useless.

It is only when you suffer problems that one can truly gauge the quality of a Manufacturer. It is not the faults that bug me, rather the unprofessional way Skoda's representatives have handled them. No more new Skoda's for me.

• Like 1

I really like the Octavia and realise that I have just been rather unlucky with mine. It is good that many owners have positive experiences, and 3-years without fault is admirable for any brand nowadays. Long may it continue.

Today my VRS estate passed its first MOT, absolutely sailed through. In 3yrs of motoring all its cost is replacing tyres, fuel and tax. It's never missed a beat, performing the duties of the family car and somehow managing to look perfect still it's washed and hoovered!!

It's been my first Skoda and I'm really impressed with his it's performed. Even the running costs of the petrol engine have been relatively small, achieving 40mpg pretty easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope I can post the same comments in 2019 !

Coming up to 3 years ownership & 28k miles for my white 1.6 Diesel Octy Elegance, DSG equipped. Without wishing to tempt providence, it has been absolutely faultless, easily beating my previous cars, (3x BMW's, a Mercedes, Audi, 2x Mini's, 2x Honda's & numerous Fords) for reliability, space & economy (55mpg overall, consistently month to month), with plenty of "poke" when required.

Proof of the pudding ? I've ordered another, in SEL spec Quartz metallic, for September delivery, this time on a PCH deal.

"Honest John" is often pontificating about the unreliability of the 7 speed DSG 'box - I can only speak as I find, & along with the rest of the car, it has performed perfectly and has been an  utter joy to drive for 3 years. :sun:

JKW

• Like 4

My 1.6 tdi dsg technically failed its first mot at 30k miles.

A week before the mot the windscreen washers stopped working.  When operating the switch I could see water under the car, but could not see the cause.

Told the garage before I took it in and after the test it took them about 1/2 hour to fix it.  Everything else ok with an advisory on the front brakes.

Like JKW I can't fault it mechanically.  Road noise is much reduced with Michelin Cross Climates.