New rapid grill

The hexagons are the same size as the ones on the lower grill. I think these are too large as well, and have considered putting some mesh behind them for extra protection the next time I've got the car in the air.

You can get some significantly large stones through the hexagons.

• 6 months later...
On 1/29/2017 at 18:11, Jaymes365 said:

You got any pics fitted zombie? 

I have it fitted ... washing it I don't find too bad in comparison to the standard one, but drying it its a nightmare lol. 

89.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RapidRobG said:

Very smart... how difficult was it to fit? Did a little bit of research and gave up after "remove bumper" came up!?!

Yeh even the Skoda dealer told me the bumper had to be dropped down ... it does not. 

You can take the bolts out of the top of the grille and pull it till your blue in the face, it is still attached to the bumper with clips along the bottom so its not coming off without breaking. The only way really to get in at these clips is to drop the bumper down ... although, if you have a trim removal tool, carefully push it between the bottom of the grille and the bumper working from side to side, you should hear each clip click as it pops off, once they are all popped off the grille will just lift off. 

It is fiddly, the clips on the standard grille are fairly tight, but I managed to get mine off without breaking any clips. 

Once the old one is off the new one just pop's straight on. 

• Like 1