Skip to content

Crucian

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Image of said chargers
  2. There are 5 high speed dual charging station at a small retail park around the corner to us, they worked for approx. 2 days after opening before being covered over as "unavailable", 5 weeks on the covers slashed and leads had been cut off, been like that now for 6 months. It's no wonder me getting an EV is receding in my mind. I believe the infrastructure supplying the retail units was underrated for the chargers in the first place, excellent planning
  3. I drive both my cars without consideration for MPG ( fabia returns circa 35 mpg, Golf returns circa 25 mpg) but I enjoy every mile (don't commute or do over 5k per year) rely on fuel calcs in the cars
  4. Has someone in the past fitted a "stop start defeat device" ? that tricks the ecu into seeing a lower voltage that inhibits stop start ?
  5. 1 wire failure and 4 waiting to happen (as well as those we cant see under the wire insulation) New harness replacement is now £190 🙄
  6. Symptom, Upon locking the car I got a double pulse, from past experience I diagnoses the infamous flexible bit of the harness (pass side front door wasn't locking), poor design (should have used more flexible wires but that would have added £1 to manufacturing costs) I replaced the D/S 3 years ago and bought 2 harnesses at the time so had a spare in the loft, now fitted and all good. I'm going to repair the removed one as a spare
  7. Both mechatronic and gearbox fluids changed today, old fluids slightly dark but no contaminants 🙂
  8. Fitted carriers and OEM pads today and rattle has gone 🙂
  9. Hello and welcome 🙂
  10. I'm assuming there has to be some "gap" so the pads slide and don't seize ?
  11. Carriers arrived today, prepared and painted them, Brembo pads incoming ready to fit next week
  12. Will I be able to refurbish the worn carriers, (a bit of weld and refinish) ?
  13. I have a rattle as stated above, we diagnosed it today as front brake pads rattling in the carriers. 2014 Fabia vrs, proving very difficult to source oem correct new carriers in red, I have ordered some from Autodoc and will paint them before we fit them It initially sounded like exhaust contacting chassis or loose subframe fasteners
  14. Consumables ordered along with drain plugs and appropriate tubing
  15. Fantastic thanks Comprehensive reply 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.