Am I still right? Most reliable and common problems.

Rob.

I can vouch for my 1.4TDI, mine is remapped and it doesn't dissappoint :)

Makes interesting reading- I'd have always loved to up mine to 100 ,but IMHO, that meant upping the front brakes to Vrs Disks. The handling of the lighter 3 pot engine makes for a decent drive ( even on 75) on a tight road. But I've found that changing the tyres to that from a Golf makes the front end a bit more sure footed.

• 1 year later...

In the end............

She bought a Mini.

My friend (that had a PD130 while I had mine) was selling his 2001 Cooper and, to be honest, it was mint so to turn down the opportunity would have been silly. 

It's very much like my 90s 318i on the reliability front... Yes, it'll act up like any old car, but you can depend on it to get you where you're going. 

I am now helping to replace a seized lock on a neighbours MPi though... in awesome retro Gold, ooOOOOOoooOOOooo

Edited by Rob.