2009 59 Audi S3 Quattro 3 Door S-Tronic DSG Stage 2+ 365BHP/386FtLb

JohnRS

Hi,

I have decided, reluctantly, to sell my S3.

I bought the car on 04/09/14 and I am the fifth owner. The current mileage is 58,370 and will slowly rise. The current MOT expires 04/09/17, so has 13 months of MOT. It sailed through with one advisory for the under-tray being missing, which was removed for gearbox repairs - see below. I have the tray so this will be fitted prior to the sale.
It is HPI clear but you're welcome to do your own report, I’ve just paid off the remaining finance today, proof can be provided as I imagine a HPI report will take some time to catch up.

27288943693_23a29a1ed4_c.jpg

It has full service history, the next one is due in Sep (although I’ve only done 5,000 miles since the last one) and will require oil and filter change only. Last service (Sept ’15 and about 53,000 miles) I changed the pollen filter and fuel filter, along with spark plugs, oil (Castrol Edge) and oil filter.
The DSG and Haldex oil was changed at around 40,000 miles.
I have always used Shell V-Power and is always warmed up before use. It doesn’t use excessive amounts of oil, maybe 1l every 6,000 - 8,000 miles (Audi state the tolerance is 1l every 1200 miles).
27901684975_6fd2f7b870_c.jpg

The DSG was overhauled and rebuilt in November 2014, (which was paid for and organised by the garage I bought it from) due to a bearing failure. A new clutch pack, a new set of bearings and new filters were fitted. The unit leaked after the repair and I have spent the last several months trying (to no avail) to reject it. I kept the oil topped up when and have just had the leak repaired, a receipt will be provided.

27901688445_8aafea0fbc_k.jpg

Standard equipment:
2 keys
Concert radio with bluetooth connectivity and auxiliary input
Thatcham category 1 alarm and immobiliser
Electric windows
Dual zone climate control
ESP with anti-skid control

Factory fitted options:
Bose sound system
Cruise control
3 Spoke, flat bottom multi function steering wheel
Xenon headlights
Heated Silk Nappa Leather with heated front seats
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Flat tyre warning indicator
Ipod connectivity
GSM phone preparation in the arm rest
18 inch S Design alloys
Chrome wing mirrors

27800307932_7943acf45e_k.jpg

Performance or aftermarket upgrades:
AMD intake and TIP
THS Front Mounted Intercooler
LOBA high pressure fuel pump
BCS full 3” turbo – back stainless steel exhaust with 200 CEL cat.
R-Tech Stage 2+ remap, with RR print outs showing 365bhp and 386 ft lb; the DSG was also mapped giving 4000rpm launch, no kick down in manual mode and faster shifting.
RS3 front grill
Revision “D” diverter valve
TTS engine cover
LED numberplate lights

27866605276_2589005266_k.jpg

I had enabled a couple of features via VCDS such as alarm chirp, remote windows and teardrop wipers.

The bodywork is in good condition; however does have some imperfections:
A scratch on the bonnet where the previous owner carried out a crude repair.
The front bumper has some minor scratches
Some stone chips appear was well as some poor attempts at repairing some.
28083506973_6042471525_z.jpg

The wheels would benefit from a refurbishment, which they have done since I bought it and was something I never got around to rectifying.
27901681955_472918e2f0_c.jpgNSR

There are some minor wear marks on the two front seats. The illuminated needle for the temperate gauge intermittently doesn't illuminate.
27288949743_7486df5f4b_c.jpg

The reason I am selling is, well two reasons really; due to a new job, which involves frequent travel and not having the time to enjoy it, therefore I feel like I’m a little bit bored of it.

My asking price is £12,000 which is a giveaway price considering the extra’s and condition, and is far lower than similar models for sale. 

I will also include the dash cam, which is a Blackvue DR400G-HD, although you will need to provide your own SD Card.

It is a serious car so although test drives are welcome, they will be given on production of all relevant insurance documents covering the use of the car.

There are more pictures on the following link; https://flic.kr/s/aHskCVMUbN, however if you want specific pictures of anything I have missed please ask.

Thanks for looking.

John

Edited by JohnRS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

£13,250. I've just serviced it this week and it has 59k miles now. Depending on the agree price I can include a genuine Ross Tech VCDS cable too.

I've been offered £12,750 from a Trader, which isn't really how I want to sell it, however it may end up being the only option if it doesn't sell privately.

Edited by JohnRS

such a lovely car only if it was a sport back

A sport back was my preferred option too as I have 3 kids. However this came up after a couple of months of looking so I took the risk. However it isn't that bad, the kids are used to climbing in and out now!

• 4 weeks later...

I accepted the £12,750 from the Trader but he didn't turn up. Given the fact I took delivery of its replacement on Monday I'll take £12,750. It's worth £11,000 on an Internet car buying site so £12,750 is a bargain privately.

• 1 month later...

I have now taken delivery of the replacement so £12,000 will buy it. This is not only the cheapest facelift I can find advertised privately, but its £2,000 cheaper than the cheapest similarly  modified example, which doesn't have a FMIC or fuel pump upgrade. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...