POI:s in Amundsen Infotaiment/GPS

Hi !

I will get a new car at work, a Skoda Octavia Scout, that is equipped with the Amundsen Infotainment/GPS system, in the car I use today I have a Garmin GPS that is loaded with a file containing  POI:s related to what I work with (I work at an Electric Utility company).

I have been thinking if it is possible to use the Amundsen GPS instead of having to mount the Garmin unit in the new car (there are already two pieces of equipment that I have to find a good place for, a Alcolock unit and a Tetra Radio unit, so if I can skip he extra GPS it would clean up the dash a little.

The only problem I can think of is if the Amundsen has a limit on how many POI:s you can store in it, the total amount that we have in the Garmin unit is about 60 000, and when I have tried to convert a file containing all the POI:s with the tool that Skoda has online, it crashes the Webpage, but when I try with a smaller file (containing about 2 500 POI:s), it works, I think that the people at my company that handles the GIS system (GIS = Geographical Information System), can supply me with the contents of the file divided into smaller chunks, so that problem might be fixable, but the question is still if the Amundsen has some sort of limit regarding the number of POI:s?

Another question is if there is some sort of tool to create the POI files needed for the Amundsen GPS that I can run offline?

Best regards

Mats

Edited by Turboman