have to hook brake pedal back with toes!

briaineo

I have a 2007 octavia 1.9 diesel

I encountered some brake issues and had to replace the master cylinder.

But now the pedal sticks slightly (doesnt completely return sometimes which causes the brakes to bind, the solution to this is to hook your foot under the pedal and pull it up only a little bit.

Is there a spring or some return mechanism anywhere on the pedal or in behind the rubber bellows near the bulkhead?

I tried a homemade fix with a spring attached to the hole in the centre of the pedal shaft; seems to help slightly.

Even though the car is an 2007 it has the same lights as the 2001 model so I presume its the Mk1.

I read somewhere that there are two colours of brake light switch green and black (mines got the green one which is apparently the newer one: read this somewhere on the web).

just to add pedal doesn't sink to floor or anything acts as it should bar the last centimeter fully returning sometimes!

any help greatly appreciated

Edited by briaineo

You could rule out the brake switch by removing it.

Has the pedal been disconnected from the servo?

As far as I know the servo was disconnected at engine side, just to test if this was causing the serious brake binding.