Replacing Central Locking Actuators

Podwin

Hi

Has anyone ever replaced the central locking actuators?

I could do with some tips if so, or if anyone knows how to.

I got some tips from http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

I think I can now remove the whole lock assembly, though not sure if that's the correct thing to do. Then unsure how the actuator separates from the lock:confused:

Any help would be appreciated:)

Martin

Martin

on my octavia the retaining screw hidden by a plastic cap is a Torx (not sure what size). When you loosen this torx screw it slides a retaining plate away from the barrel (drivers door) or blanking piece (other doors). The barrel then needs a little persuasion to come out as it is a tight fit. Note that the torx screw is captive and is not completely removed, just loosened.

Hope this helps.

kieran

Martin

on my octavia the retaining screw hidden by a plastic cap is a Torx (not sure what size). When you loosen this torx screw it slides a retaining plate away from the barrel (drivers door) or blanking piece (other doors). The barrel then needs a little persuasion to come out as it is a tight fit. Note that the torx screw is captive and is not completely removed' date=' just loosened.

Hope this helps.

kieran[/quote']

Cheers Kieran, once the plastic cap is removed the hole is too small to get a screw driver through, well the type which takes different bits it is.

Martin

its a 20 torx screw, the above is correct, dont completly remove that screw, stick the key in the lock , turn and pull hard, sometimes they are very tight. It will come out then you can free the tiny cable off the outer handle.

its a 20 torx screw, the above is correct, dont completly remove that screw, stick the key in the lock , turn and pull hard, sometimes they are very tight. It will come out then you can free the tiny cable off the outer handle.

Thanks, I have now ordered one of these, http://www.toolfinder.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2213

My problem was that I have a selection of bits I use with a socket, but a socket won't fit through the hole in the door.

Thanks