Coasting

SK66YET

Is coasting not automatically activated when you go round in "ECO" mode?

It is on my Diesel DSG and was the same on my Petrol Golf R DSG, too.

Or are you not able to select different modes?

When I have my Polo in "Think Blue" mode and the car is assessing my driving out of a score of 100, when I come off motorways and am slowing down with my foot off the gas but not braking, the car shows "eco mode", so is that technically what is being called "coasting" here? I have always associated coasting with being out of gear?

When I have my Polo in "Think Blue" mode and the car is assessing my driving out of a score of 100, when I come off motorways and am slowing down with my foot off the gas but not braking, the car shows "eco mode", so is that technically what is being called "coasting" here? I have always associated coasting with being out of gear?

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/technology_and_service/technical-glossary/Driving-Profile-Selection.html

Eco mode has been designed to enhance fuel efficiency by including coasting function (with DSG) and by adapting engine performance, earlier gearshift points and consumption-optimised control of the air conditioning system. Comfort mode offers a more relaxed and comfortable driving experience, primarily through the softer suspension setting of the adaptive chassis control

While it does do similar to what is described, what I'm talking about is called "Coasting Function" and happens without selecting any modes. Just put your car into D, remove foot from the accelerator and coasting function kicks in (if it is enabled).

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/technology_and_service/technical-glossary/coasting-function.html

While driving, as the driver’s foot is taken off the accelerator pedal the engine is declutched, allowing the vehicle to coast and roll over a longer distance. The momentum of the vehicle is used to save fuel with a foresighted driving style. When the brake, accelerator pedal or the gear selector lever is operated, the clutch is re-engaged and engine braking / drive takes effect. Coasting Function can be selected or deselected via the multifunction display settings. The gear selector lever is required to be in the D position to be functional. The coasting function is only available with direct shift gearbox (DSG) transmissions in selected models.

What is the 1.4TSI in your Yeti.  is it a  92Kw / 125 ps Turbo Petrol engine without ACT.  

Do you know the engine code?

Unsure about the engine code, I'll check tomorrow.

Found this: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mobile/newsdetail/?newsid=553&nids=&lurl=

From the beginning of June, the ŠKODA Yeti will be available with new 1.2 and 1.4 TSI petrol engines from the EA 211 engine range: 1.2 TSI/81 kW (110 hp, 124 g CO2/km, 5,3 l/100 km), 1.4 TSI/92 kW (125 hp, 134 g CO2/km, 5,8 l/100 km), as well as 1.4 TSI/110 kW (150 hp, 147 g CO2/km, 6,3 l/100 km). The following Euro 6 diesel engines (EA 288) are now available for the Yeti: 2.0 TDI/81 kW (110 hp, 115 g CO2/km, 4,4 l/100 km) and 2.0 TDI/110 kW (150 hp, 126 g CO2/km, 4,8 l/100 km). The 2.0 TDI/125 kW (170 hp) is being discontinued.

From the above, mine is indeed the 1.4 TSI/92kW (125 hp) mentioned above. So it's a EA 211 variant. Beyond that, I don't know anything about it. It is a 2wd DSG model.

• Like 1