Aluminium Replacement Calipers

Hi,

I am simply looking for someone to confirm that an Alumium caliper can be used as a straight swap, as I look to have cast calipers fitted.  06 reg Octavia, need to change the rear drivers side.

Thanks.

Edited by Fergus03

Well, because I need to change it as its seized, and when I asked for a new one, they could only be supplied in Aluminium. All I want to know is whether I can use one as a straight swap and it will fit in exactly the same way.

Are you sure they didnt mean that they can only supply one in aluminium colour? when i needed a front caliper for my octavia vrs my local euro car parts could not supply a red caliper only a standard painted silver one,im not sure if some audis have aluminium calipers but id try another supplier as i got my rear calipers from euro car parts no problem. 

I went to Halfords, who I believe use Euro car parts anyway.  I have always got my discs and pads from them.  They put my reg into the computer and that is what came up.  I am not interested in any fancy colours.  I think the make was Pagid.

Try euro car parts direct,i got all mine from them with no issues,the reason why i mentioned the colours is the vrs comes with red calipers as standard,euro car parts suppled me trw calipers which were red but the front one was a pagid caliper that was standard,i wouldnt fit a different type of caliper to the ones that currently fitted so try a motor factor rather than halfords (they will probably be cheaper as well).* I have just put my reg into the euro car parts website & all the calipers that come up for my car are cast ones that are currently fitted,no aluminium ones are listed.*

Edited by mikey vrs

It would appear that if your car is fitted with a TRW brake system then you need the aluminium calipers & if its fitted with a lucas brake system then you need the cast calipers (according to the ecp website) if your car has cast calipers on then thats what i would replace them with.