1.2 TSi engine 'buzzing'?

inkeys

Enjoying Yeti ownership but infuriated by two types of engine noise!

The first is at revs between 1500 and 3000 and sounds like a heatshield somewhere is vibrating (its so prominent, a passenger recently thought we were being overtaken by a moped?!).

The second noise is a sort of electronic buzzing noise. I've tried to video it here...(comes on properly at around 16 seconds)

Any ideas on either of the noises? I know the wastegate's on these can sometimes cause issue, but could it be anything else?

(excuse the annoying video format. I recorded widescreen but it uploaded portrait)

Edited by inkeys

I suggest you first try [when the noise is present] switching your air con on, or if already on switch off. After a few seconds the noise may disappear. My car does this. There is a known common problem with swarf in the air con system on some cars.

If your yeti is a 59 plate it could be the air con pipes that run up the bulkhead in the engine bay, I remember posts about this and how to fix it way back in the early yeti days.  A forum search may bring the posts up,  as for the second noise I don't recall anything like that being posted before.