Is the Superb Mk3 better than Mk2

Comparing my previous Superb Mk11 Elegance CR170 DSG with my current Superb Mk111 L&K 190 DSG, with 19 inch wheels, I have to say The Mk111 is a far better car. In my opinion, its quieter, roomier, rides better, is better put together, and feels an entirely more grown up car.

I had a S2 170 DSG elegance from new in 2010 and having had BMW 5 series and other similar before felt that this was a brilliant car.

The new S3 is a brilliant car and does every thing i need. The 220 petrol is better than the diesel, but the fuel consumption is relatively poor.

The ride on the old one was a little on the hard side i believe largely due to the 18 inch tyres with low profile.

The new one also has 18 inch wheels but a deeper profile tyre. If you leave it in Comfort if you have DCC then it is a very much better ride. If you put it in sport then you feel every bump in the road.

I would not hesitate to recommend, but engine, gearbox and model choice will make a big difference and will depend on personal preference.

• Like 1