Octavia Number 3 in The Independent's...

simontreen

50 best list of cars. Rated as the number 1 Best Family Car with this to say.

Skoda jokes are becoming a distant memory now that the Czech company is owned by Volkswagen. Under the skin the handsome Octavia is pretty much the same as the Golf, but provides more space because of it's stretched tail. Model for model, it's a lot cheaper, too, so it's a genuine bargain. You can look as hard as you like, but the only catch you'll find is the sturdy item that holds the bonnet firmly shut.

The Superb makes it in at number 8 making the 2nd best family car :D

I suppose I should mention that it is beaten to the top spot by the BMW Mini and the Audi TT

• 6 months later...
I wouldnt have thought you'd get 2 adults plus 2 kids and all their paraphanalia into either a MINI or TT , so they are hardly family cars!

I don't think it was a "best family car" list - it was just a Top 50 of some sort. The Octy was named The Best Family Car in the list, which precludes the Mini and TT from being in the same category. :)

• 2 weeks later...