Stereo/sat nav swaps

As in the stereo code?

Ideally any new unit you buy will come with one supplied, otherwise, plenty of eBay sellers can provide one for not much money. You enter the four digit number on screen when requested and it'll 'pair' to the car. No VCDS needed for this.

However, the new headunit will probably need coding to the options in your car for full functionality and sound quality. This is a job for VCDS or similar.

To swap those two units over you will need codes for both. A dealer should be able to provide these but it'll probably be easier to grab them from eBay.

As you mentioned, you'll need a fakra GPS antenna for the 15 plate.

Both cars will need coding using VCDS, at the very least to add/remove navigation from the installation list. You can also check the rest of the headunit coding is correct for the car.

If both cars have separate BT modules then they can stay in their respective cars. If the 13 plate is using BT built in to the Amundsen+ then you should remove the BT module from the 15 plate and grab a retrofit loom to fit it in the 13 plate.

where is the BT module on a 15 plate?

Under/front of the drivers seat (RHD)

As I'm so big and have the seat fully back I have to be careful not to stand on the unit!

Edited by bigjohn

ive not seen his box, he has powered seats could his BT box be on the passenger side?

I have powered seats - the BT box is still located under the drivers seat on a RHD car (at least, it is on an FL car),

I think I read somewhere on this forum that some of the Amundsen units use a built in Bluetooth -  not a separate module..?

Edited by TheRobinK

getting too complicated....

It really isn't complex at all ;)

The easiest thing is to find someone to scan both cars with VCDS, this will tell you exactly what's fitted to each. You can then make an informed decision about the swap as you'll know how much work is needed.

It really isn't complex at all ;)

The easiest thing is to find someone to scan both cars with VCDS, this will tell you exactly what's fitted to each. You can then make an informed decision about the swap as you'll know how much work is needed.

i got the full spec of each off the codes in the book?

i see it as....the amundsen+ minus the BT in mine with my BT module should work

the swing into the other car with no BT module (i take it the amundsen module wont fit on the swing) will mean no BT in the older car