Newbie Octavia VRS

@lexc

Hi All

Newbie from the South East here. Just took delivery of my new Octavia VRS 220 Manual Estate this week and to say I'm pleased is a bit of an understatement!

Coming from a brief venture Japanese (Nissan 350z) with a long VAG background (too many Golf GTIs to mention, Vento VR6, Audi RS4 Avant, and a few diesel wagons) - plus got a 1965 VW Beetle "project/pile of bits/rust" !!!

First foray into Skoda, hopefully I can get some good advice on here and look forward to reading about other's experience with the brand.

Thanks for having me

Alex

Skoda%20Rear%2034_zpsqcynsfpp.jpg

Skoda1_zpspcyrmfkb.jpg

Skoda2_zpsjaaeybqj.jpg

• Like 2

Great choice Alex, I'm sure you will have many hours of happy motoring - I picked up my 4th Octavia VRS last Monday. Best one yet, Skoda have made a few tweaks and updates to the drivers toys so lots to play with (whilst car is sitting on drive of course). Enjoy. Nick

Cheers guys, yes my neighbours thought I was a bit potty sitting on the drive at 10pm the other night testing all the tech out! :)

Edited by @lexc

• 6 months later...

So I'm six months in and still really enjoying the experience. I've clocked up 8500miles in those six months and the car hasn't missed a beat including some long runs up to Scotland and back, the daily haul up the M3 (when are they finishing the roadworks!!!) and a few (read many) enjoyable back road drives home from runs to the tip! I've got to say the comfort far exceeds what I was expecting and for its the perfect compromise for my boring commute but still giving me the enjoyment of something a bit more sporty when I want it

I had a faulty rear centre brake light shortly after taking delivery which was staying on for about 60seconds after locking the car that turned out to be a faulty unit from the factory, but this was rectified very quickly under warranty by Hughes at Farnham Common...(damn shame they've closed the Farnham Common garage as I found them all very helpful)

My only annoyance is not the car's fault at all, its the bloody pigeons that live in the tree above where I park it!

• Like 1