6 months in...

So I've had my petrol vRS 6 months now and thought I'd update you all on how I'm getting on with it.

It's honestly the best car I've had, much better than I expected. I've covered 7.5k miles and had no issues in that time really (couple of questions though which I'll get to).

It's quick when I want it but perfectly happy as a family wagon that it's also used for. I was surprised how much fun it is to drive actually.

I have not experienced any cabin boom which I was concerned with before it arrived, as I had read about it on here and the ride is fine even with the 19" extreme alloys.

I do wish I'd spent a little more on the options list but never mind... I only picked the black pack +

A few points

Mpg was better than expected... my long term average is 31.2. That is mainly town driving. The other day on a 20 mile A Road drive stuck behind traffic most of the way at 50 mph it averaged over 40mpg!

The extreme alloys are made of butter, the mrs has already hit one. The style seems to make them easier to damage some how and the P-Zeros's offer no rim protection

The paint seems a little fragile too... it's has a few very minor stone chips already that my other cars didn't seem to get so easily. Maybe I've just been unlucky?

A couple of questions

1. My rear window fogs for a second with foot down is this normal? Never noticed it on others cars I've had

2. I had to top oil up after about 6k miles? Again never had to do this before with other new cars... is this typical for the vRS?

Lastly the front splitter I've seen a few fit look very nice, would like one myself but how would this affect handing it back at the end of the PCP deal? Or should I forget it... does it affect warranty etc?

All in all LOVE this car

Good to hear you are very happy with the car after 6 months! I'm only a week into ownership of mine, but already it seems great. It's exactly what I wanted in terms of practicality and performance and economy. Think my average over the first 800 miles has been 39.5mpg.

My MK2 FL 2.0 TSI needed oil top ups, though much more frequently and was told that was within tolerance. Too early to say yet on whether my MK3 TSI is using oil, but I wouldn't be too concerned about a top up at 6k. I think the consensus is that some use it, some don't.

Had mine since June, although not brand new only had 3200 mile on clock at purchace, I have notice quite a few stone chips also, and considering I have only done 2000 miles or so would tend to agree with you on this. Mybe it is just the Corrida red, it is a stunning red though.

I have bought some touch up paint from ebay, perfect colour match and needs no lacquer. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CORRIDA-RED-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-PAINT-CODE-8151-8T8T-F3K-/291724584061?hash=item43ec23e47d

I am very pleased with my MPG it is a vast improvement over my previous 3.2 vectra averaging 41.2 on a recent trip back from Cornwall, unfortunately I have the slight booming noise from the rear on rough terrain and car will be going in for them to have a look at this in the near future. Can't say I hav noticed any fogging of the rear window. Oil level is down to lower mark on dipstick so looks like a small amount is being used but not excessive amount.

As above re Splitter.

Six months into mine too - 18.5k miles so far.

Agree about the paint being a bit soft. Mine needed oil top up at 7k miles and again at 15-ish. First service at 17k.

Nothing to worry about.

what oil for the petrol vRS? (i'm at 7k miles now and prefer to have some in anticipation of needing it)

are you driving an estate? if so i get the fogging of the rear window under brisk acceleration - i think it is moisture as it disappears in a couple of seconds and there is no residue left at all. (some folks have had coolant out the exhaust misting like this however....)

i'm going to need some new front tyres soon too - any recommendations?

Had mine since June, although not brand new only had 3200 mile on clock at purchace, I have notice quite a few stone chips also, and considering I have only done 2000 miles or so would tend to agree with you on this. Mybe it is just the Corrida red, it is a stunning red though.

I have bought some touch up paint from ebay, perfect colour match and needs no lacquer. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CORRIDA-RED-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-PAINT-CODE-8151-8T8T-F3K-/291724584061?hash=item43ec23e47d

I am very pleased with my MPG it is a vast improvement over my previous 3.2 vectra averaging 41.2 on a recent trip back from Cornwall, unfortunately I have the slight booming noise from the rear on rough terrain and car will be going in for them to have a look at this in the near future. Can't say I hav noticed any fogging of the rear window. Oil level is down to lower mark on dipstick so looks like a small amount is being used but not excessive amount.

As above re Splitter.

cheers for the link will need some paint at some paint  :thumbup:  and agree the corrida red is stunning, not as common as some of the other colours either

Nice to see someone else with a Corrida Red VRS and Black Plus Pack ! :)  Although mines the Hatch...I'm also thinking about those front splitters but I'm in the same predicament as you regards PCP.....hmmmmmm. This place is where I've been looking for them! http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/octavia-iii/front-splitter-v2-skoda-octavia-iii-rs.html

Corrida red is the best colour!

Problem with the splitters is I think you have to drill the underside of the bumper for the fixings... can anyone confirm who has one fitted? They do look good but can't see it going down well at the dealers

Edited by NikEd