misfiring (psychological) problems

theo_k

straight to the point:

all of the sudden the car started jerking around after 3000rpm and when I put my foot to the floor, I thought, thats easy, coil pack. Changed it in cylinder 1 but still the same behavior.  If I am on 2nd gear and accelerate steadily up to 4500rpm, no problem, give it the beans - problem. Then thought I ll run vag-com block 15, 16.  Cylinder 3 misfiring, changed coil, then still the same, after 3000rpm same issues.

I thought ok, change the injectors from cylinder 4 to 3, went out to log same blocks with vag com and saw cylinder ...2 misfiring this time quite badly.

any thoughts?  wiring seems to be ok around injectors and coils, injectors are ok I guess, coil packs again I guess they are ok because from experience when they start going wrong at some point they completely give up and the car just jerks around endlessly, not in this case though.

The one additional info I will give is that I found a lot of oil in the intercooler and it went all the way up to the inlet manifold.

Any thoughts for my psycho-car?