Fabia VRS leaking oil, possible sump damage?

h4mza

Took my car to garage for oil and filter change and whilst the car was up in ramp, the under tray was wet and covered in black gunk, possibly oil? Once the undertray was removed, I saw the the intercooler and pipe was also covered in black grease. Is there any way oil could pass around them because I'm assuming it might be the oil lol. I did however have lower intercooler pipe come off once which I screwed back on to stop it from coming off again. The main thing is when the mechanic removed the sump drain plug, something didn't look right with the sump. It's hard to explain but there are chunks of metal hanging from just below where the bolt screws into. I have included a picture to show. Could this be the cause of oil leak?

post-132339-0-25424000-1479321386_thumb.jpg

post-132339-0-25912500-1479321392_thumb.jpg