How easy it is to remove these two parts (bonnet and grill trim)

ItsChris

Hello all, 

On September, I got my first car, a used Fabia 1.2 TSI (model of 2011), bicolore version (white body, black roof).
Now, on to my inquiry, currently at the front, parts: bonnet trim and grill trim, there's a black sticker (changing it from chrome to black).

The part's I am talking about, are these: bonnet trim and grill trim.

I would like to paint these white, as the (main) body's colour.  

My question is, how easy is to remove them? 

Regarding the bonnet trim part, I think there's only one screw and some clips holding it on to the bonnet. Is that correct?

What troubles me though, is the grill trim part. Is it easily removed? Is there a possibility of it braking while removing it?

Thank you for your time

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Fabia 11 and I would like to change the horn. I am having trouble removing the left hand bumper trim (the one that fits instead of the foglight). The smaller trim is quite easy but the larger left hand one is difficult and I do not want to damage it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 2014 Fabia 11 and I would like to change the horn. I am having trouble removing the left hand bumper trim (the one that fits instead of the foglight). The smaller trim is quite easy but the larger left hand one is difficult and I do not want to damage it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had fog lights and to remove the fog light I have to remove the edge of the main lower grill and then you can unclip the fog light that way. Maybe you need to do that to remove the foglight grill patch.

Look In your car manual for how to change fog light bulb and it will show you how to remove the trim.

Edited by JGrindel

Hello all,

On September, I got my first car, a used Fabia 1.2 TSI (model of 2011), bicolore version (white body, black roof).

Now, on to my inquiry, currently at the front, parts: bonnet trim and grill trim, there's a black sticker (changing it from chrome to black).

The part's I am talking about, are these: bonnet trim and grill trim.

I would like to paint these white, as the (main) body's colour.

My question is, how easy is to remove them?

Regarding the bonnet trim part, I think there's only one screw and some clips holding it on to the bonnet. Is that correct?

What troubles me though, is the grill trim part. Is it easily removed? Is there a possibility of it braking while removing it?

Thank you for your time

It's a simple ish job. Open the bonnet and use a 10mm socket bit (might be wrong) to push out the clips and that will release the front grill bit.