cv joint

I think I paid £200 for a complete driveshaft fitted after a cv joint failed on my ol

found  small leak on the end of cv joint so got the assembly changed ,the service said luckily drive shaft is perfect 

Just had a slightly split cv gaitor done at an indy a couple of weeks ago for just over a ton cos the two of the three joint nuts had seized and snapped off so cost £27 to replace that too. Used to do it myself back in the day but simply can't be arsed nowadays to get that mucky! CV grease is hellish stuff. :)

Think the part was about £20 or just under, but that's just the gaitor, give about an hour's labour on top of however much the actual joint is.

Edited by blackspaven

cheers for the replys guys. Only found the problem when the car got a punture. Got no idea how long its been like it though!

which is your car? 

i just replacement my cv boot one side 1k0498201a for rs 1100 = around 13.108 British Pound and and 4gbp for labour ! 

Its the octivia. The other one (another octivia) is in the garage with a weird coolant problem.