Skoda fabia multi-function steering wheel?

Hi,

just wondering if the multi function wheel from a 2009 superb (4 spoke wheel old style 3T0419091C) would fit my Fabia 2 Elegance facelift and would the controls on the wheel work correctly with the maxidot and radio or do I need a loom and retro fit it?

James. 

Where are they peanuts, cant find a loom anywhere and how hard is it to replace the wheel? is it a do it in the driveway job or a dealer job?

Tech1e or Eddie-NL are your chaps. 

Why a 2009 Superb wheel though? The Octy/Yeti wheels are just as easy arent they, n tbh, are nicer, in my opinion. I prefer leather to plastic personally... 

Tech1e or Eddie-NL are your chaps. 

Why a 2009 Superb wheel though? The Octy/Yeti wheels are just as easy arent they, n tbh, are nicer, in my opinion. I prefer leather to plastic personally... 

Because I am a student and not got the healthiest bank balance plus my current wheel is the same as the 09 superb but without controls meaning I can use my current airbag in the new wheel (if I am wrong let me know) the control wheels are leather which is the same as my current stock wheel. 

Because I am a student and not got the healthiest bank balance plus my current wheel is the same as the 09 superb but without controls meaning I can use my current airbag in the new wheel (if I am wrong let me know) the control wheels are leather which is the same as my current stock wheel.

Anythin with the same airbag i think. Saves buyin a silly expensive airbag.

Dno what your current wheel is like, so was just makin sure you knew that other stuff might go in, if you wanted it to (:

+1 for EddieNL, fitted one from a Superb with looms for me to my wife's Fabia. :thumbup:

I got one to use the same airbag to save that additional expense. :D Although she wants a later (new badge) 3spoke... she'll have to wait for that!! :peek:

Edited by MarkTB
  • Like 1

+1 for EddieNL, fitted one from a Superb with looms for me to my wife's Fabia. :thumbup:

I got one to use the same airbag to save that additional expense. :D Although she wants a later (new badge) 3spoke... she'll have to wait for that!! :peek:

How much overall was it for you to change the wheel? 

How much overall was it for you to change the wheel? 

I paid £90 for the wheel from ebay (ended up being brand new so dropped on there!), and from memory i think Eddie charged me around £50 for fitting including the loom.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to drag up an older thread, but I've got a 11 Reg, 1.6 Tdi, that's meant to be in SE trim but has factory fit options, such as cruise control and a sunroof.

I'm waiting on a Amundsen +, with DAB & BT arriving, and was thinking of also fitting an MF steering wheel, just to make life easier, by removing the need to look away from the road to control the various interfaces.

Having seen the reply regarding the original Superb wheel (3T0419091C) being compatible, I'm wondering if the 3T0419091 K E74 variant would also work?

I believe the Fabia airbag would fit, it's just whether it would (a) talk to the car and whether a suitable loom is available?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It should work fine and as long as it's the same style the airbag should fit too. Contact EddieNL as above for the loom. :thumbup:

Cheers. I bought the steering wheel, from Ebay, this morning; at £54 with free delivery I didn't want to lose it.

Just a shame the VAGCom cable & SW I ordered 2 weeks ago still hasn't arrived (The glow plug LED was flashing intermittently whilst driving & then  was replaced by the exhaust syystem management LED. Thought it would be possible to identify any problems and sourvce parts quicker than waiting over a week for the local dealers to fit it in. Shows how wrong you can be.)