Citigo SE L 2017 trip computer

Stu755

I have a new citigo SE L on order for March delivery hopefully. The only paid option I have chosen is the D.A.B. radio. Does anyone know if it will come with some sort of 'miles until refueling' display inside the speedometer, like I have on my current 2014 citigo as standard (a very useful bit of info!). On the options you can choose a trip computer but thought it was expensive and not sure if this is something else? Thanks in advance for any info. Stuart

Edited by Stu755

I have a new citigo SE L on order for March delivery hopefully. The only paid option I have chosen is the D.A.B. radio. Does anyone know if it will come with some sort of 'miles until refueling' display inside the speedometer, like I have on my current 2014 citigo as standard (a very useful bit of info!). On the options you can choose a trip computer but thought it was expensive and not sure if this is something else? Thanks in advance for any info. Stuart

My 2014 Elegance does not have a trip computer. I think the trip computer was part of the cruise control option.

• 7 months later...

Hi Ronime,

My 2015 SE-L DOES have the PID which, in addition to the Sat Nav, also has the Trip Computer/a blow up of the Revs & Eng Temp.  It also has the Blue Tooth gizmo (whatever the hell that is) & some weird system for streaming music.  But as I'm a geriatric dropout, I can't fathom out how to work the last 2 whistles & bells, not that I have ever worked up the need to.

I did make a few inquiries in advance (as I was planning to plumb for another Citigo when the current PCP expires) & I've been informed that 2017 & 2018 models do not (repeat, DO NOT) have the current PID - apparently technology has moved on apace, & Mr Skoda (or Mrs Skoda) have decided that as "everyone" have Smart Phones, & more importantly, the knowledge how to use them, the Mark I PID is superfluous to requirements, & future owners will use their smart phone for everything - apart from changing gear.  I gather that there's some new form of "cradle" that's designed to hold the smart phone - albeit with electrical leads dangling here, there & everywhere?

Sort of snookers me behind the Green, as I don't possess (& will never possess) a smart phone, as it's all I can do to cope with the wind-driven version that I currently have. so it looks as though it will have to be a trip down to Halfords' for a Sat Nav.

But it will be of considerable interest to me, to hear from anyone who has the 2017 model, and can elaborate on whatever gizmo's it does have.     ALSO, I've been wondering just how good these new twin headlights are?    When I got my 2015 set of wheels, the 1st thing that I did, was to replace the "dim candles" with which it was supplied, with Philips Xtreme vision bulbs.   The 2nd thing that I did, was to replace the crap (with a Capital K) bog-standard tyres, with Goodyear Generation 2 4season tyres (£300 VERY well spent, as it transformed the car).

'appy motoring!

Thanks g6zru,

I'm just hoping that there' s not going to be too many differences between a 2017 Mii & a 2018 Citigo.  But (& eet eez a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG "but")when I made some inquiries before, some owners were pretty adamant that on the 2017 model, the Mark I PID that used to be offered, had been replaced (together with the PID-designated cradle) with no PID, & a new design of cradle specifically intended for owners who would be using the facilities on their Smart phone.

In some respects, that may not be totally the end of the world, as I'm finding that of late, that my PID tends to suffer a frequent attack of the "vapours", & instead of working as it should, it either refuses to switch on, or alternatively, insists on me keying in some mythical Code Number.    With considerable perseverance (& an equally considerable degree of bad language) I eventually "get there", but I can't help but think that as you get what you pay for (& in the case of the PID, it was free) I may be better off with a SOTA Tom Tom, or similar.

It's just "possible" that either SEAT are a year behind Skoda, OR they're not, but your good lady wife copped for the last model in the series?

Either way, she's still got an extremely good little car.  Does she perhaps have the new twin headlights?

Hi Michaelski

i can now confirm the twin headlights on the MY17 are fine, or at least for my eyesight seem bright enough. Both Main and Dip beams offer a good spread of bright light. Still getting used to the phone cradle and using the iPhone as the computer, frustrated by the trailing leads though, so have ordered a short coiled lead to tidy everything up to connect the phone to the USB socket behind the phone cradle.

Our car has done 1500 miles now and it gets even better and more responsive as the days go by, like our previous SE, it regularly turns in over 60mpg over a tankful. Overall, a great buy, particularly as it supplants my S-Max TDCi regularly.

Edited by SteveJP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new with a 2017 Citigo SE L.  Firstly, my dash info screen is ridiculously small & apparently without backlighting, so virtually unreadable.  However, in the right light it does have a a scrollable - on RH steering column lever toggle -  access to the 'mileage till refuel' figure.

More importantly for me, I have found it impossible to get the Total Mileage since start figure.  Any tips please?

Finally, I too have discovered that the PID socket on the dash is a false trail.  As already noted, my car came with a weird plastic sculpture - a smartphone bracket holder.  To get it connected you need the phone charger USB cable, but I have yet to get it functioning.   Manual equivalent here wd be very helpful.

Jonclenn

Hi jonclenn,

Welcome to the new targeted breed of Citigo drivers - ie. Mr & Mrs Skoda catering less for the "old & bold" & more for the "young & technically aware" breed of drivers: if you aren't totally au fait with modern technologgy, then you simply don't count - & more importantly, you won't be able to access half of the gimmicks on the new model.    The dash screen info ALWAYS WAS very small & unlit, & if one doesn't have eyes like Superman, then "tough", you just have to guess - either that or have X Ray eyes fitted under the NHS!   The scrollable "mileage till refuel" gubbins, is doubtless the replacement for the once-easily readable info on the PID - which has now been discontinued, & replaced by the "weird plastic sculpture", which is designed for those amongst us who always have a Smart Phone to hand, & can tap into all of the features - like Sat Nav, Streaming music, etc etc etc.

On my SE-L (a 2015 model) one can jiggle between the trip recorder & the total mileage, by briefly pressing the RHS button on the bottom of the Dash, but I haven't yet seen a 2017 version, so I don't know if you still have two buttons (one for time/outside temp )& the other for mileage.

I was planning on truning in my 2015 model for a 2018 version, but all the things that initially attracted me to the Citigo, now seem to have been either removed, or "improved???" beyond all recognition.     No-one seems to be able to leave "well enough" alone these days!!!>
Happy motoring.