Remap and MPG Superb 3 150bhp 2.0 tdi

I have just replaced my BMW 525d which had a remap with the Superb. Of course I miss the power as have come down a litre in engine size, miss mostly when overtaking from 50-70 mph.

I am considering a remap but don't want the fuel consumption to be worse have a heavy right foot. A local garage which proved very good with my BMW DPF issues offer a remap service. It's their opinion that economy/ performance remap are not that good and recommend a full remap. They use Regal Tuning or Elite Maps.

Does anyone have any experience regarding remaps and fuel consumption?

I've had 4 cars remapped over the years and 1 with a tuning box.  I was/am sad enough to log my fuel economy on an excel chart.   You cannot tell when the map was put on by the mpg figures.

No difference in economy after mapping but extra power noticeable (and used).  Go for it but as above get a reputable one put on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/1/2017 at 22:08, tjxkeith1 said:

I did it. I had engine and DSG remap today. Weather to bad to try out fully but acceleration from standing start is a lot lot quicker. 

Which remap did use for dsg?

5 minutes ago, radulenii said:

6 minutes ago, radulenii said:

I assume it was from Elite as they did the engine at the same time. 

1 minute ago, tjxkeith1 said:

I assume it was from Elite as they did the engine at the same time. 

Sorry for the question but how much did you pay for?

Edited by radulenii

13 hours ago, radulenii said:

Sorry for the question but how much did you pay for?

I paid £200 for the engine and was charged £90 For DSG at cost price as it was done at same time as engine.  It was done by Branson Service Station Branson Lincoln