fabia vrs mk2 instrument lighting dimming

lucide666

hi guys

i have had my irc edition fabia vrs estate 6 months upgrade from a mk1 vrs fabia...as a car i love it but i have had a major issue the dash at night and sat nav etc there just offensively bright so............as of last night got full dimming dash on my dash

have been working nights and driving country roads in the dark head ache after head ache id had enough

so heres how you do it 

you need to acquire a second hand switch  3B0 941 531 01C or very similar green back lit etc single fog on vrs / will work smillary for the twin fog two brought both switches off eBay second hand to try....

1. disconnect pin 17 (58d)

2. then remove pin thirteen (unhook clip and use two paper clips slid down front to release the pin)

3. put thirteen (58L) in to 17 (58d)

4. this gives you maxi-dot instrument dimming off of the inbuilt dimmer in headlight switch as well as satnav radio etc 

the only things that did not dim were the tcs button demist button window buttons and the gear selector !

5. to cure this disconnect pin 16(58) blank this and bare off 5mm of cable about 1 inch from the plug of the wire now in pin 17 and the wire removed from pin      16 twist together ether with some spare small gauge wire or just twist the two cables together up to you put some tape over refit switch and .........

vola all done works a treat why skoda could not do this i don know really begs belief

hope this helps guys

p.s the drive to work tonight was ace no eye strain just man machine and hammer time :-) 

• Like 1