Are "all-weather" tyres winter legal in EU

Good.

It is most likely Skoda UK that is paying for their Website Errors, so no way would i have Tyres put on and off rims several times.

Usually Wheels with Tyres fitted are stored.  Fitting and removing tyres and refitting and on and on can damage the beading, 

push the Dealership to have Skoda supply ' All weather tyres fitted to rim's.  the car already has good enough tyres on that can be stored safely and then simply be refitted when required.

2 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Good.

It is most likely Skoda UK that is paying for their Website Errors, so no way would i have Tyres put on and off rims several times.

Usually Wheels with Tyres fitted are stored.  Fitting and removing tyres and refitting and on and on can damage the beading, 

push the Dealership to have Skoda supply ' All weather tyres fitted to rim's.  the car already has good enough tyres on that can be stored safely and then simply be refitted when required.

Damn.....I hadn't thought about that? 

Easy enough for them to get Michelin CrossClimates to the tyre fitting centre they use unless their workshop does tyre fitting and balancing, 

and they can let you keep the Take offs that are on the car.

Run the CrossClimates all the time, and the other tyres can be stored.

"Run the CrossClimates all the time, and the other tyres can be stored. "

Im feeling like ive had a really good result in getting proper winter tyres supplied, rather than all weather.

I only need snow tyres twice a a year for approx two months in total for when I drive across Europe, so I dont really want to suffer loss of fuel consumption / poorer CO2 emmissions for the other 10 months.

LOL,  you started off asking about All Weathers and you were getting them as standard you said. 

Now you mention Snow Tyres which are the best to fit obviously for Winter and Snow, but you were going to run 'All Weathers' if the car had come with them.

Have fun.

George

Edited by Awayoffski

LOL,  you started off asking about All Weathers and you were getting them as standard you said. 

Now you mention Snow Tyres which are the best to fit obviously for Winter and Snow, but you were going to run 'All Weathers' if the car had come with them.

Well who wouldn't? Its a no brainer surely? I will run the ContoEco 5s for 10 months of the year and the Dunlop winter tyres for 2 months when needed.

Edited by ARWEN

• 8 months later...

Update after 7 months of ownership.

That time of year again, time to get the winter tyres swapped over, so I rang the dealer to book the car in and guess what? The dealer tried to deny that they had agreed to swap the tyres each year as long as I had the car, it was only ever meant to a one off offer on their part. (Faxed over a copy of my letter of complaint and their MD's written reply agreeing to this work. End Of Problem!)

The car is a dream, it does exactly what it says on the tin and more. I'm getting an average of 67.2 mpg most of the time in the UK driving mainly on A roads, but during my trips across Europe on German autobahns, I have registered 71.4 mpg on a 1080 mile journey, each way, 2160 miles in total. I drive using the auto cruise control set at 75, so im not driving too slowly. Only concern with the cruise is it has a tendency to get "snowed over" quite easily, which stops it working, but that aside its great to use and the auto emergency braking has got me out of trouble a couple of times already.

I cant really fault this car at all. Its better than the Volvo and BMW estates I've had before, especially the driving position and comfort levels on my long trips is the best I have known by far. I am one very satisfied customer at the moment