Fabia Delivery

1 hour ago, Tokenminds said:

Excellent! That's very good news. I will have to contact my dealer and see if there's any updates. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I know how you feel!

Yeah the dealer still expects the car to arrive mid-to late March however. They did say it might arrive earlier but that they couldn't commit as they had issues with a previous car that had ordered that took longer than expected to arrive. 

Edited by Oasismad
  • Like 1

Ordered my SEL 110 manual in black magic with a couple of extras on the 22/12/2016

dealer phoned to say it had arrived at Sheerness on Monday and was on its way

He is going to register it March 1st so it will be a 2017 reg:D so it will be goodbye

to my 2006 fabia 1.9 td Ambiente 82,000 miles and av 59.5 mpg :sweat:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tokenminds said:

Excellent! That's very good news. I will have to contact my dealer and see if there's any updates. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I remember the feeling on the 1st March last year. When you first see the car then get in it and drive it away it's very exciting.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2017 at 07:35, Tokenminds said:

Did you have any joy with your dealer? Mines on a boat on its way to the uk apparently. 

24 minutes ago, Oasismad said:

Did you have any joy with your dealer? Mines on a boat on its way to the uk apparently. 

Very nice. Still week ten build (6th March). So I might be pushing it for registration before April. 

9 hours ago, Tokenminds said:

Very nice. Still week ten build (6th March). So I might be pushing it for registration before April. 

Perhaps the dealership can do some wrangling behind the scenes to register it for the end of March? 

1 hour ago, Oasismad said:

Perhaps the dealership can do some wrangling behind the scenes to register it for the end of March? 

I hadn't thought about that. Yesterday I saw a Fabia Estate in the same colour as the one I've ordered (Quartz Grey); it looked very smart - I totally have it on the mind now, I think I have exhausted youtube on the subject! I'll have to run the wrangling idea past the dealer and see what they can do, I suspect that the car will have to be on these shores at the least, but if they are on the ball it will save a fair amount of cash for me.

8 minutes ago, Tokenminds said:

I hadn't thought about that. Yesterday I saw a Fabia Estate in the same colour as the one I've ordered (Quartz Grey); it looked very smart - I totally have it on the mind now, I think I have exhausted youtube on the subject! I'll have to run the wrangling idea past the dealer and see what they can do, I suspect that the car will have to be on these shores at the least, but if they are on the ball it will save a fair amount of cash for me.

Doesnt cost you anything to ask the question worse thing they can say is no, but I'm sure you won't be the only person that's in this position. 

Just found out now that my dealership expects mine now before the end of Feb! 

8 minutes ago, Oasismad said:

Doesnt cost you anything to ask the question worse thing they can say is no, but I'm sure you won't be the only person that's in this position. 

Just found out now that my dealership expects mine now before the end of Feb! 

Holy smoke - lucky you! Are you going to put photos up?

1 hour ago, Oasismad said:

Have asked them to hold it for the start of March to get the 17 plate. Will probably put up some pics but it's only a bog standard one in red so not sure if anyone would be interested in seeing it! 

The way I'm going I'll end up with Fabia PJs and duvet cover set :-/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RickW said:

Excellent! Hopefully it won't be raining like when I picked mine up.

I think i might have seen you post in another thread about spotting a scratch later on after collecting it? Will try and be eagle eyed when collecting it. 

Yes I did find a light surface scratch on the bonnet. If it hadn't been raining I may have seen it. It's easy to get caught up with the moment and take your eye off the ball.