New Skoda owner.

ClarkWGriswold

Hi all. Been hanging around the forum for a while. Some great pictures and some great advice on offer. The only Skoda model I've driven previously was a 2015 Fabia 1.2 Tsi with the DSG box. We hired it from Inverness airport and thoroughly enjoyed driving it around Sutherland. 

To cut a long story short I signed on the dotted line yesterday for a used 2015 Octavia vRS from Marshall Skoda dealership in Oxford. Can't wait to pick it up on Saturday. We're blessed with some great driving roads here in South Wales so it'll be interesting to to try it out here. 

Looking forward to being part of this Forum. 

Rich

• Like 2

Just come back from collecting the car from Marshalls in Oxford. A very smooth process. Haseed answered every question I had and paired my phone up along with all my contacts. A very decent fella despite being a Man U fan:D

First impressions driving back across The Cotswolds and through the Forest of Dean is that the ride is more than acceptable. I've previously had an FR Leon which was MUCH firmer. Quite noisy on concrete surfaces but most cars are. The seats are very comfortable and gearbox spot on. After reading some of the settings used by others, I set it to individual with everything at sport except the air-con, which was set to economy mode. I'll need to fiddle with the stereo settings as, to my ears, it doesn't sound as good as my Scirocco. 

Out on the motorway you you have to be very careful with your speed. The mid range is impressive and car is like a rock at, shall we say typical motorway speeds. 

More impressions to follow along with pics - when this weather improves!

Rich

• Like 1