Wiring route through bulkhead?

Hi all

I need to run some cables from the fusebox area behind the glovebox through to the engine bay, anyone know a nice route for this via a spare grommet etc please?

Had a quick poke around but not seen an obvious place, thinking I might need to take the main battery out to get a better view behind as there seem to be some main power feeds coming in to the fusebox in that region.

I think you're looking in the right area. Must be a loom grommet into the engine bay to the ecu etc.

If you just need power you could use a piggyback fuse connection. 

Just for information there are no immediate ignition controlled fuses in the engine compartment fuse box. There are, however, fuses that remain live for about a minute after switching the ignition off plus fuses that are always live. The only fuses that switch off immediately with the ignition are in the fuse box behind the glove box. There must be routes through the bulkhead for cables but I think that they are probably well hidden behind sound proofing and trim. Like CBFScout I would be grateful if someone could find an easily accessible route through the bulkhead

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the delayed reply, took the battery out and there is a nice unused rubber grommet on the bulkhead that is perfect, comes through behind glovebox area

• Like 1

do you have any photos? i'm scoping out how to wire in a siren in the future - power from ?fusebox in engine bay and run controller cable through the grommet you identified into somewhere near the drivers area

thanks