Can you believe ??

Cheekyfork

Despite advising the dealer in Dec 2015 and the car going in for investigatory works 5 times, yet again I am faced with a mouldy footwell and the daily experience of clearing my windscreen/windows due to high levels of moisture.

I have had enough, I think it is time for legal action ?

IMG_20170205_104035.jpg

IMG_20170205_104049.jpg

Thats not good.

Id be inclined to think if its ongoing that long then the entire carpet needs to come out and be replaced. Its contaminated to a point that treatment mustn't be killing off the entire colony.

underlying issue somewhere undoubtedly, but id be looking for replacement upholstry...

30 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Thats not good.

Id be inclined to think if its ongoing that long then the entire carpet needs to come out and be replaced. Its contaminated to a point that treatment mustn't be killing off the entire colony.

underlying issue somewhere undoubtedly, but id be looking for replacement upholstry...

I don't think a new carpet is right, they've had the car at least 5 times and have supposedly removed the carpet and checked around etc and had it cleaned......I think its time for them to find a compromise and replace the car under the Sale of Goods Act ?

In fairness to the dealership they've tried a few things ( apparently )

They changed the door seal, they pressure tested twice, they've lifted the carpets and inspected the floor and padding, they've changed the pollen filters and checked the vents in the boot space..but ultimately I am still the victim who has to de-ice the inside ( literally ) of my car when it's freezing, or daily de-fog/wipe the inside before I can drive away.....it is only prevalent when the weather is moist / wet...

They said some cars are just like that, but the mould on the floor, says otherwise !

• 2 weeks later...

Good, 

hopefully they can get more involved in correcting the fault before offloading the car to someone else.

Please post up the details, car reg after all is completed with the buy back.

Warn others that it might not be such a bargain as a used car or at auction.