What's my car worth? - Mk1 VRS estate.

I'm thinking about selling my '53 plate vrs estate. I would just like an estimate on how much I could possibly get for it.

It has covered just over 85000 miles from new and I have previous MOT's to back this up.

The car has got age related marks. There is slight damage to the front bumper and to the back near nice corner. I will add photos to show this.

Any info, or questions would be gratefully accepted!

Cheers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Short answer is not much. These have, sadly, hit pretty much the bottom of the depreciation curve.

I'd say personally if you had a minter, being the estate and lowish miles you'd probably get £2,400 with the right buyer. But it's not. 

You do have parking sensors which which is a big plus - if it were me I'd tidy up the front bumper as it looks like the damage is to the black trim which costs very little to replace and the current state will put people off, clean it up nicely and stick it up for £2,000 expecting realistically to get that if you hold out. Bare in mind there are plenty around at bargain basement prices so expect to have it around for a while.

Mk1 vRS market is a bit odd. People seem to think you can get a minter for £700 and anything above that is overpriced, but the reality is that 1k max for a ropey one, 2k for fair with ok miles and 3k for low mile minter is probably about right.

As an aside does it have the tailgate rust near the bottom of the screen or wiper? Most estates do, so if not that's a big selling point!

• Like 1

What he said above..., get hold of a new trim strip for the front bumper,  say £30 or so from dealer.  And then clean it up as much as possible.  

What's your interior like?  If the whole lot could do with a good clean for the seats, door cards and silver carpet then give it a good going over with a carpet shampoo vac if you have one otherwise hire one for an afternoon. 

You see so many with grubby interiors so you need to give buyers a reason that marks yours out from the crowd in a good way!

You're missing the lower grille as well - had a close encounter with some wildlife?!

It wont cost much to tidy the front end up and it's probably worth doing if the rest of the car is tidy. 85k is pretty low for one of these now - a lot of them are on over 100k (162k on mine!). I'd say probably £1500-2100 depending on condition and service history.