Help! - Fault Automatic Headlight Adjustment

Hi All,

I have an Elegance 1.4 tsi 2013, I have the High beam assist and the coming home lights function which in the last couple of days have not been working. When driving out 'in the sticks' in total darkness my full beam has not been activating when the function has been armed and also when opening the car in darkness my lights are not coming on, likewise when parking up at night and locking the car the follow me home lights are not working. I now have a warning in the main display which reads: fault - automatic headlight adjustment'. Has anyone had this issue and if so what is it likely to cost if it is a repair job (I'm now out of the warranty by the way!) Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Richie

It states in your details that you are in Germany. Is it a U.K. Car being used with xenon lights set for use on continent? 

Was HBA an option from new or coded to the car?

Things to try include:

- check windscreen is clean by light sensor

- check light switch is operating ok (needs to be in 'auto' position for HBA / CH lights)

- try unchecking / rechecking HBA in infotainment

- try factory resetting the lights in the infotainment 

Without plugging in and scanning it is difficult to diagnose, but due to the fact that the HBA and CH lights are affected I believe that the light switch   (quite a common failure) / light sensor are the most likely causes. 

Remember that the sale of goods act is for up to 6 years, regardless of 3 year manufacturers warranty - if the hardware for the lights on a vehicle have failed you could have a strong case.