Help pls mk1 Octavia vrs bonnet release

Rich2k

Hi all newbie to the site an to skoda ownership

ive just purchased a Octavia vrs mk1 ive had to replace the radiator it's all done except..

the mechanic discontinued the bonnet pull wire from the catch pull under the bonnet, come to reconnect an it don't seam to be rite seams sum thgs is missing thinking something may have fell off while messing etc. the wire is fed into the tiny hole where it shud be but the release catch don't move when the leaver is pulled 

so my question is has anyone got a picture of how the wire should go from the rear of the catch mechanism 

hope the above make sense a pic of the rear of mechanism added

thank you

IMG_0725.JPG

• 6 years later...

Hi did you ever find a solution to this? i have same problem with my mk1 Octavia, have just new front panel fitted & now they have pulled the release cable across the engine bay & it's not in the bottom clip on the wing & is connected in the side of the lock for left hand drive cars which is very wrong as it is bent tight around the front panel, some of the metal sheath on the end of the cable casing is missing, either corroded or been removed on purpose to make the plastic retainer go over so it will fix up to the other side but i have the same issue where my lock lever wont move to the right of the car for the cable connected up for right hand drive, it will only pull to the left & i don't know how as for years it has been setup fine for right hand drive, have even bought another lock & it is the same will only move one way, just don't know at all how to resolve this but need a solution to getting it fixed up correctly again or it's going to end up snapping the lever inside the car or something as it is that tight to open

• 3 weeks later...

I had an issue where the bonnet pull would not open the bonnet. It was down to the lock mechanism not being located properly. Needed to be budged down a few mm. Good as gold now.