Help MKIII Octavia VRS fault after coding

Leppla

Hi all,

I made some changes to my 2017 Octavia VRS last weekend.

Fitted footwell lights and coded, all working as expected.

Enabled hillstart assist, working as expected.

I also had LED number plate lights installed and coded already, which were working however I found them too bright so last week I dimmed them by changing the value from 100 to 20 which worked fine and looks much better.

After making all these changes and driving the car I now get a fault code to check the rear left reverse light, when this fault is on the dash the rear left reverse light does not work. The fault is not there at the start of a journey and the reverse light works then so the bulb is fine.

My guess is that it is a CANBUS issue after dimming the number plate lights and my first plan of action is to remove the dimming on the number plate less to see if that sorts it.

I do not think the footwell lights or hilstart assist would cause this fault,

Has anyone experienced this before?

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have an answer for you  sorry but out of interest did you have any issues with coding the footwell lights. Mine  is a 2016 and with the normal coding mine didnt work. If you look at the Footwell instal guide i added a bit on the end which is what i did to get mine running . I just assumed some things had been changed on newer cars . The only thing i dont have is dimming but everyone thing else is fine. Quite a few things are different with coding on my VRS.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a hit & run but my reverse light also did it when I installed new leds for numberplate light..(canbus) so I didnt code them..

Installed a new reverse light, worked for 2 month then died..

Swaped the numberplate light to genuine vag typ, coded and then swaped the reverse light also, 6month ago still working.. I think it must be those bloody canbus leds that mess with other lights..