My VRS is currently in National Windscreens having heated windscreen replaced after a small crack suddenly spread. The wanted in the workshop for the day to calibrate camera etc.

Anything I need to check before signing off?

Edited by CJSVRS
wrong name

I had my windscreen replaced around a year ago, and I would recommend checking the rear-view mirror when you pick it up. As on mine, it was not secured properly and I only found out a few weeks later when I went to adjust it, and it fell down. It was still connected by the wires, but it hadn't been put back in the fitting properly.

On speaking to my local Skoda garage, they advised they can only fix it by taking the entire windscreen off again! Which obviously they would charge me for (new windscreen price), and by that point Autoglass didn't want to know unless I could prove it! I managed to half fix it myself, but just be aware!

Edited by DaveMartin

Cheers both. Mirror seemed secure on collection. All seems OK. Not a Skoda marked screen but all the shading was correct, just the manufacturing stamp over on N/S instead of O/S now.

Lane departure is working (not that I have it turned on normally!). Will check HBA later which I assume uses the same camera.

Check the parking ticket holder is still touching the windscreen. They did mine a few weeks ago and it is a few mm off so doesn't hold tickets anymore. They are coming back to fix it on Monday.